Many who read this blog now him as Shepard Book from Firefly. Some who watched cable television in the ’70s knew him as Detective Ron Harris from Barney Miller. There’s a couple things you might not know about him though.
- He was born July 10, 1945 in Evansville Indiana
- He went to University of Evansville and got his Bachelors Degree in drama and literature, so he was as well read as he played in his most iconic roles
- He acted in 76 projects
- His first IMDb credit is one episode of All in the Family in 1973
- 11 of his credits were voice acting, most notably as Randy Carmichael in Rugrats and the spin off All Grown Up
- His TV show credits include 1 episode of Hawaii Five-O, Twilight Zone, Family Matters, Star Trek: Voyager, and CSI:NY, two episodes of Friends, and two episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- His movie credits include Serenity, and Death at a Funeral
- His final credit is for a video game in 2014 called Ancient Space
- He recorded his character for the video game Firefly Online, but that has not been released, with no word yet on when that will happen
- He was on an episode of Family Feud with his Barney Miller cast
- His only directing credit is 1 episode of the TV series Stat in 1991
- He was nominated for Primetime Emmy Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy for his Barney Miller role in 1982, the shows final season
We’ll miss you Ron.